~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BELOW: Kimberly called requesting that the kit she received at Christmas be sewn together for her. It came complete with one print fleece and another piece of plain complimentary fleece. After the blanket was stitched then turned, the edges were over-stitched with a straight stitch to add extra security of keeping the blanket intact over numerous washings, then blanket was tacked in a few places.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BELOW: Enjoyed working on adding “bling” to a mother of the bride dress!! Claire was adorable in sharing with me the details in how the trim needed to be applied, then she looked at me and said “You already know this don’t you”…LOL…all I could do was giggle along with her. She learned this through the sales person at Joann’s who was trying to tell her how she could do this on her own. She gave up and called out of desperation to have me get this done within 24 hrs. since she needed to be on the road that particular evening. Grateful for a job that I was able to use my hand skills with. Due to the delicate nature of the fabric and trim, I applied the trim to the waistline and around the collar of the jacket. Her husband picked up the dress, in which he was delighted (as much as a guy can be about a dress), then later I received a call from Claire exclaiming her delight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BELOW: Mother of the Groom – Anne D – Anne’s gown was a knit gown with a chiffon over-layer. The gown fit her beautifully, with only needing hem work done on the two layers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BELOW: A Beautiful Mother-of-the-Bride. The color and final fit of this dress accentuated how lovely this dress fit which complemented Lynn.

Two layers of hem needed to have the length shortened. In addition, the gown shoulder straps needed to be adjusted in order to prevent them from slipping off her shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BELOW: Judi B. (Mother of the Bride), Nancy’s mom, needed to have the back taken in at the zipper all the way to the hem. I had shortened the length of both hem layers.
Jacket Alteration – Top front of jacket was taken in 1/2″ and taper from the top of front waist section to prevent overlap on front.

Beautiful fabric to work with resulting in a beautiful finished garment ready to celebrate her daughters wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BELOW: Debbie S purchased this dress for her daughters wedding & wanted to have her dress shortened into a tea length dress (taking off 14″), in addition to adding straps for comfort as well as take in the sides for a better fit. We also discovered that the hook’n eye needed to be secured as well. What an amazing difference while now this dress can be worn for multiple functions. This dress has a chiffon outer layer w/two lining layers underneath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BELOW: Mother of the Bride – This golden tiered dress needed the hem, lining & tulle layers shortened.  In addition, since the dress would not hang properly on the hanger, the hanger strap was repaired for her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BELOW: Cyndi was preparing for her son’s upcoming wedding. The first dress was to be worn at the wedding, while the second dress would be worn at the rehearsal dinner.

The shoulders were too high with large arm holes.  In order to fit, the chiffon collar and sleeves had to be removed so that I could raise the shoulder seams and close up the sleeve openings, to which I then replaced the altered collar and sleeves.

BELOW – Dress 2: Cyndi planned on wearing this gold color dress to her son’s rehearsal dinner. The skirt was so long, even for an average height woman, that I shortened it to knee length, which she really liked.

The shoulders on this dress were also too high (too much room where it did not rest on her shoulders appropriately).  In order to adjust, I needed to remove the sleeves and collar, adjust shoulders, then reapply the sleeves and collar

The alterations certainly made a difference on the fit.

Leave a Reply