~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather’s Gown, made of satins and silks. She selected the fabric prior to going to college, while out shopping with me. At the time, she knew what type of fabric she wanted with an idea for a Renaissance style, yet the design did not come to fruition until she was engaged.

The most challenging part of this gown, was the “off-shoulder” style. This style, at least for me, is difficult, as a person never simply stands still, and silk has a tendency to slide.

Below: More details of dress before final alterations

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1980 – My own wedding gown. Sorry that I do not have close-ups of the details. Full cotton dress, with a lace inset down the front. The shoulders, and sleeves had a small cotton lace trim, the bodice lace was the same as what I used for the front of the gown. Puffed sleeves with lace at the shoulders. Ruffled cotton with lace overlay for the 10″ tier at the bottom of the dress. A silk fabric was used for the lining.
The hat was purchased, and truth be told, cost me ($50) the same as the material I used in my dress.