~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Sewing Room Curtains. Once our youngest moved out and on her own after her college years, we decided to transform her room, which is in the cellar to my main sewing area. It is a very busy place!! Anyway, the window needed some curtains to my liking, I still need to repaint the walls from her bold color choices, but what does remain is the gorgeous window frame my husband had put in when he made this area a bedroom for the girls while they were growing up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lined Winter Curtains with various birds and holly branches. I fell in love with this fabric when I saw it in the store, and planned on making a quilt (which I still plan to do), yet when I returned home, my husband loved it as well, sharing it would make great curtains.

I happen to prefer long valances, where these are approximately 17″ long. The door curtain also has an attached valance, so that only one rod was needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While taking some college courses, I took a break from the studying to make some new spring kitchen curtains. A variety of berries on cream, where I also used as a lining, seen on the outside, a print-on-print cream fabric.
Three windows, one over the kitchen sink, a side window and our door window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some fall curtains – showing the front view. Need to get some pics showing more details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mother’n law desired to have new valances, I encouraged her to let me make them from the material she had already purchased earlier in the year. We couldn’t find the nautical theme fabric she had purchased, but we came across some patriotic fabric she had. Knowing she wanted nautical, I took what I already had for our nautical theme room, and used it to make double sided valances so that they could be switched whenever she and/or my father’n law desired a change. These valances are 6″ long, top to hem, and made to her specifications, and are over 3 windows in their living room. Sadly she passed soon after this project was completed, yet my father’n law still loves them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BELOW: With this alteration, I was given two, full-length, Waverly Curtain Panels that had the jacquard topping with beaded trim to work with.  In addition, I was given the measurements desired for the finished length and width of each panel.  The full-length panels are used in the master bedroom, while the altered curtains are in the master bathroom, providing a smooth room transition.  

The Finished Look: The topper was removed, using the green jacquard material to create the tie-backs.  I kept the lining intact on the curtains, machine stitching where possible, yet hand stitching in other areas, to keep the professional finished look.  Only thing needed to complete this project was thread, and tie-back rings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Curtains were made with quality sheets. The body pillow was made with matching blue fabric, from the same sheet set.


Leave a Reply